Sunday, July 17, 2011

pet elephants & going to church for social reasons

Lindsay and I went to the movies today.  I was ok but she was overheating so we needed AC.  I cried so much she wanted to hold my hand but thought I'd think she was creepy.  


She was wrong.  


Hopefully next time she'll just hold my hand so I can settle down a little.  Who would have thought an elephant would have made me cry so much?


I want a pet elephant.




The other night since I quit facebook, I spent a couple of hours looking for a pet dog on the internet.  Sometimes I think it would be nice to have one to walk and cuddle and pet.  I want this little (big) guy more than any other physical thing in the universe right now...  I think he might bring me what I really want... 



On another note, I received a call this morning from my mother.  She texted me at 6am and needed to talk to me urgently.  At 7:30 I woke up and replied.  She then called.  Apparently she felt she needed to apologize for telling me she had planned out my entire future -- as if I had taken everything she said seriously.

[She and her friend Kathy have allegedly been planning my future. I will move to Colorado with them and they will find me a husband.]

I laughed.

Then I laughed some more.

She couldn't leave her house until she talked to me about this, which is funny since she does have a cell phone.

Then she says, "Well, since we're being so honest I guess I better tell you something else."

Me: "uhhh, what are you talking about?"

Her: "Well you know the other day when I wanted you to go to church with me?  Well ok, there's this girl that cut my hair the other day and she is your age."

Me: "What's your point?"

Her: "Well, she has a boyfriend."

Me: "What's your point?"

Her: "Well, she also has a friend."

"So basically that's why I wanted you to go to church with me for social reasons."

Me: "Oh for crying out loud.  Get a life lady.  You big fat liar. I am never going to believe anything you say to me ever again.  I knew it was weird you wanted to go to church."

Her: "Yah, well he has blonde hair so I told her you probably wouldn't be interested anyways."
___________________________________

Just for the record, none of that conversation was taken in seriousness.  Although Sab did feel bad that she kept telling me she was planning my future, because she thought it was going to make me feel like I can't plan my own.

Yeah.  I need a pet dog.  A furry one.

1 comment:

  1. you quit facebook? Why? Oh Shelb...missing you. Doesn't everyone always have plans for our futures? I often have people planning mine too! Missing you friend.
    Maren

    ReplyDelete