Sunday, February 12, 2012

Tom Petty is a LIAR

So remember last year around New Years when I wrote some sappy blog post about how I was convinced that something good was coming after I heard Tom Petty's song?





Well the year sucked on many levels but I kept trying desperately to think that something good was coming despite the fact that it seemed like something unfortunate was occurring much too often for comfort.


I remembered the song this morning while scrolling through iTunes along with all of the hopes I had for a great year ahead.


And I thought out loud, "dammit Tom you big fat liar. Last year sucked!"


Let's be honest it wasn't so bad. There were a lot of great things: two roadtrips to NY, a free work trip to NYC, getting laid off (yes that was unquestionably the single most positive thing that could have happened work related), etc. etc. etc.


So just as I was about to curse Tom all afternoon I thought, well maybe he didn't mean in 2011.


And then, I opened this fortune cookie that I found on my mother's kitchen counter...


Ladies and gentlemen, good things are to come... just gotta wait

1 comment:

  1. Like and I also try to remember this one;
    "Bloom where you are planted"

    ReplyDelete