Saturday, October 29, 2011

life's little surprises

Sometimes, really great and unexpected things happen.  Sometimes worlds collide and it's beautiful.  I met Lissette and Josue in 2003 in the Dominican Republic.  They were both about 10 years old.  I got to know them and their families well and grew to love them very much. I never would have imagined when I moved back to Michigan four years ago, that today they'd both live just a short drive from my house.  I didn't have to get on a plane to get to Jarabacoa today.  It was brought to me.

We went bowling, we had dinner with my mom, we took goofy pictures, we ate ice cream and we skyped with their families.  It was great and I loved every second of it.

Josué y Lissette, los quiero mucho y estoy bien orgullosa de los dos.  Son bien especiales.  No se cansen de hacer lo bueno y sigan con la determinación de alcanzar a sus sueños.  Nos veremos pronto.  Abrazos.


No comments:

Post a Comment