My mother tells me if I put more recipes on my blog then it will get more hits and become famous. It's already famous (in my mind) but whatever.
So I'm actually going to give you a recipe that I invented today with a better indication of ingredients and amounts. How's that for a change?
I recently (two days ago) eliminated animal products and other things like soy (because I almost hate Monsanto) from my diet, for a number of reason of which we won't go into today. It didn't really change what I cook but what I often find myself snacking on, as well as my coveted morning cup of cafe con leche.
I have an intimate relationship with her and it's just not the same with almond or coconut milk. Almost disgusting actually.
Yogurt and cheese too. Hmmm... I guess it did affect things a little more than I am willing to admit.
Anyways, here is the recipe for today's delightful lunch. A while ago I began introducing quinoa into my diet because it's better than rice, tastes better and has lots of protein, which is nice since I never eat meat.
- 3 cups H20 & 1 cup Coconut milk to boil
- Add 1 cup diced, raw squash (butternut or acorn is good)
- Meanwhile toast in non-stick pan 2 cups of quinoa and throw in a small diced onion
- Add quinoa to the squash
- Add a handful of dried cranberries
- Add a diced up piece of celery
- Add a dash of salt to your liking
- Cover until fluffy and delicious on low heat
- eat either by yourself in the company of loved ones or enemies (they'll love you after they eat this)
I also added a small fistful of TVP, which is a dried vegetable protein. If you do this you should add an extra 1/3 or so of water. It doesn't really change the taste of the dish but adds some more protein and nutrients.