Wednesday, August 24, 2011

very professional rejects & marilyn monroe

I was just informed that my mother might own the suitcase of the late Marilyn Monroe.  

This.

Could.

Be.

OUR.

Fortune.


It could also have been Mickey Mouse's for all we know.  Either way, I'm sure we can make some good money on Ebay.

In other news.  I went to work looking like this today, and a co-worker said that I looked overly professional.

In response, I stood straight up, smiled and said, 

"Oh why thank you.  I had an interview today and I think it went quite well.  Would you hire me?"

These days an interview is kind of hard to come by.  Emails and letters stating that better, more qualified candidates were chosen, start to make a girl feel like a complete reject.  So even the opportunity to interview gave me a boost of confidence and even more so when the interviewers opened with, 

"You have a very impressive resume Shelby."

With that said, wouldn't you want to have dinner with this lady?


No comments:

Post a Comment