Friday, March 18, 2011

M-F: unfriendly friday

Ok so let's be honest, I'm not that good at "making every day great," or at least entitling my blogs in this manner.  My personality seems to magnify the negative.  So in recognition of this I will start with what was great about this day in an attempt to change reality.

What was great:

- A superhero that brought me a glass of something upon request, therefore not requiring me to stand up and get off the couch.


- Donuts and a spontaneous party-esque gathering in my office.

- Moving some people to their new home in the United States.

- A co-worker that seems to be so much more sensitive than I am and connected said family's tv so that they could watch Barney videos until they had something better to do.

- People at a birthday party I went to made me feel a part of their group even though I didn't know them after going to another event (will mention in a second) where I felt awkward and out of place.


The unfriendly:
So I had to get some keys replaced for my car and it was under warranty so the used car guy agreed to paying, but I had to go to the dealership.  While waiting, I witnessed the following man completely degrading and belittling a salesman: 



Ok, so I wouldn't usually say this in a blogpost but this guy (Dan Knott) was knott so nice.  He was a complete dickhead and works at the 28th street Toyota dealership.  I hope this blog post pops up when this dipwad is googled because he was a complete jerk to his employee, in front of customers and other employees.  I think that belittling and degrading someone is not only unnecessary and wrong but inhumane.  Very unprofessional and unimpressive.  Most of the population already hates car dealers.  Must you worsen your reputation?  Besides the outrageous prices and leech-like customer service, this experience made me never want to return.  At one point in the interraction between Dan and the fellow "below" him, he said in an irritated disrespectful tone, 


"LISTEN QUIT ASKING QUESTIONS AND JUST DO WHAT I TELL YOU!!!"


I'd like to think that if I were the guy, I would have said, "%&#* YOU!"  But I probably would have walked away and cried in my cubicle.


I'm glad I'm a social worker and that my supervisor respects me.



wine and fundraisers...


I am not the most friendly of people so maybe I shouldn't complain, but I went to this event this evening and felt completely awkward.  I was surrounded by middle/upper class white people supporting some worthy cause (of which I believe is worthy).  Let me just say, the wine didn't even make me feel more comfortable.

home

I just want to feel at home.  Does anyone ever feel not at home at home?

2 comments:

  1. i'm so glad my party didn't become just an "act 2!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the part about the salesman! I mean, not how he is or what he did, but how you tell the story :)

    ReplyDelete