Sunday, March 27, 2011

roller coasters & birthdays & narcissism & feeling special

I felt like I was riding an emotional roller coaster after writing yesterday's blog post and so I feel it's only fair to lighten the blog mood with some stories from last week's road trip, my narcissistic birthday celebration that continues through the end of the month and thoughts of spring, which leads to summer, the most wonderful time of the year (news flash, Andy Williams was wrong).

Road Trips, Dumplings & Fancy Hats

So sister and I are only eleven months apart, which means that from February 24th until March 23rd each year, we are the same age.  In another life we weren't so fond of being so close in age and one of us (I won't mention any names) may have snapped at age five in the dime store because some innocent lady thought we were the cutest little twins.  My mother did dress us in matching clothes, which didn't help matters.  Anyways, back to my point.  In recent years, we have become more fond of our month as twins and a little overly romantic about our need to be together during that time of year.  So on Sunday my mom and I decided to drop everything in an effort to bring the thirty year olds together before I turned 29.  So we left on Tuesday.


Making dumplings. Anita Biscuit. 





I gave Ashley a 30 year old mug.  I'm in to 30 year old mugs ok.

30 & lookin' better than ever... i should get money for this nike ad
This is what we do.  Look at junk/old stuff and try on fancy old hats.


Birthday Cake.





I am really sorry but I can't remember any good quotes from the trip but I promise I laughed a lot and I'm sure the fly on the wall of  my corolla has pretty good footage on his itty bitty camera.  I just don't know what he's done with it.

Friends at home & feeling special & the 2nd annual brunch tradition

Now I know that if it weren't for facebook probably only about 7 people would have remembered my birthday but thanks to FB, I got a lot of messages of love from people and that just really made me feel like a special person.  Sometimes we need that. 


 i met up with the ladies the second i rolled into town. 
i really love them. 
i am the oldest, which means that i am wiser and more mature.





I discovered that when you want a birthday gathering and you're not sure if anyone else will coordinate it for you, you just have to do it yourself.  It was fun seeing everyone that came out.  Wouldn't it be great to have all of your friends from everywhere to be in the same place?  I think about this a lot.  Maybe some day.





Brunch.  We celebrated mine and Lindsay's birthdays today with Mandy, Julio and Miguel on top of the world with good food.



muffin top & a bald puruvian

postre

a pretty lady

love them

barriga llena corazon alegre
Thanks friends for making my life so worth living and for making me feel special every day of the year.  Love. xoOXOxoxXO


Here's some springtime cheer I found on a walk through the neighborhood today.







No comments:

Post a Comment