Wednesday, March 9, 2011

why she had children... truth revealed...

To all of you who may be questioning whether or not to have children some day, I offer some reasons as to why you might want to seriously consider doing so at some point.  A phone conversation I had with some lady I accused of using me this evening revealed some interesting facts as to why she had children.

Don't be deceived by how much love and affection you see in this photo:



Some Lady: Oh, I have to go your sister is calling me.  Oh wait, it's not your sister, I don't want to talk to that guy.  I'll just pretend I'm not here.  Keep talking until he hangs up.

Me: So you're using me?!?!?!?!

Some Lady:  Oh, yes.  Duh.  That's why you have children.  So you can use them to get out of stuff.  And so they can do stuff for you.

You can have them bring you a drink or load and empty the dish washer.  Take out the trash.  Mow the lawn.  Rake the leaves.  Things like that.  


When someone wants you to do something you can say, "Oh, I can't I have to take care of my kids."

When you're supposed to go to work you just call and say, "Oh, I can't come into work because my kids are sick."

Then they get a little older, and you can say, "Oh, I can't I have to go to my daughter's volley ball game."

Then when you're talking to someone on the phone that you don't want to talk to, you just say, "Oh, it's my daughter calling.  It could be something important, I have to go." 

Me: I see.

Some Lady:  It's very simple.  You have kids so they can do stuff for you and to get out of stuff.

_________________________________

I don't think anything else needs to be said.

2 comments:

  1. Yes, even in only 4 1/2 years of being a mother I can see how much more relaxed my life is now that I have these small being to do things for me and get me out of stuff. I'm totally sitting on my ass all the time now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, you figured it out fast, jen!!!

    ReplyDelete